THE BLUE UNION LAUNCHED – JOINT STATEMENT
Representatives from a coalition of Everton Football Club fan groups, including Evertonians for Change, Keeping Everton In Our City, The People’s Group and SOS1878.co.uk have met to discuss a number of well documented issues that have blighted Everton Football Club for a number of years.
A number of key issues were debated, and it quickly became obvious that there was total agreement regarding a number of pertinent issues. It was agreed that we would work together, collectively, and as one, under the banner of “The Blue Union”.
It was further decided that the respective groups would pool their resources, their expertise and their know-how for the betterment of all things Everton, and also that a statement of intent would be circulated and invitations would be extended to all Evertonians who agree with our mutual aims.
It was also made clear that the group would strive to be inclusive, not exclusive, and open to all and finally that “The Blue Union” would campaign on the issues and not the personalities.
Our mutual goals are as follows:
• That the group would be open to all supporters /members of its constituent parts (Evertonians 4 Change, KEIOC, The People’s Group and SOS 1878). This is not an exhaustive list and hopefully will include representatives from other like minded groups of Evertonians.
• That the group will be totally opposed to all forms of discrimination, sexism, would tow the line of no political party, would actively work against sectarianism and would seek to foster an agenda of tolerance and harmony.
• That the group would actively embark on a campaign to lobby local, regional and national media outlets to report on the true facts surrounding the stagnation of Everton Football Club, the lack of transparency and accountability within “The People’s Club” (a moniker, tellingly, that the club have ceased to promote).
• That all forms of peaceful protest would be considered.
• That we would assist the Owner, the Chairman, the Board and the Executive Officers in their endeavours to attract investment and/or a take over of the Club.
• That we would work with all interested parties to resolve the longstanding Stadium issue.
• We would campaign to elect a Fans Parliament that would be representative of all sections of our fan base and, crucially, be an entity that is elected and not selected. Furthermore the meetings should and must be free and independent from outside influence and in having it’s agenda dictated by the owners of Everton Football Club.
• That the Fans Parliament would be wholly accountable to all supporters with contact details of all representatives and minutes of meetings put into the public domain as a matter of habit and course.
In closing, it’s important to state that “The Blue Union” is primarily the name for the cooperative ventures being undertaken by the various fan groups mentioned above. Each group retains independence, but accepts that the interests of Everton Football Club and her wonderful supporters are best served by all of us pulling together in one direction and pooling expertise and knowledge when it is most needed.
Simon Magner; Dave Kelly; Mark Jones; Joe Jennings;
Evertonians for Change; KEIOC; The People’s Group; SOS 1878;
Contact info: E-Mail: email@example.com